Anti Depressants?...

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Aug 30 17:27:10 PDT 2000

Bravo -- go Carol go. While white people can never become black, nondisabled people *can* become disabled. Take heart - there is still hope for some of them. Even then, it takes some a long time to recognize the body politic and the oppression of their new reality, including myself. I was born with a disability and worked for civil rights in the South in my early twenties but did not make the body oppression connection until my impairment did not allow me to "pass" as nondisabled anymore. Then my experience of the world changed, I woke up, got more political and started doing something about it.

best, Marta

-- Marta Russell author Los Angeles, CA Beyond Ramps: Disability at the End of the Social Contract http://www.commoncouragepress.com/russell_ramps.html