Jesus on the recount

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 1 10:58:17 PST 2000

[Forget all those nasty rumors about Harris: she's really a god-fearing Christian!]

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:50:56 -0600 Subject: [afalert] Presidential Prayer 2000 To: "AFA Action Alert" <afalert at lyris.afo.net> From: AFA Action Alert <afalert at afa.net>

AFA Action Alert American Family Association Dr. Donald E. Wildmon, President Tim Wildmon, Vice President Buddy Smith, Editor P.O. Drawer 2440 Tupelo, MS 38803 Phone (662) 844-5036 Fax (662) 842-7798 URL: http://www.afa.net

************************* Please forward this Alert to a friend and encourage them to subscribe. To Subscribe go to http://www.afa.net/news_issues/Action_Alerts/action_alerts.html or send e-mail to: afalert-join at lyris.afo.net NOTE: No further information is required of you; simply send the email to the above address and you will automatically be subscribed. *************************

December 1, 2000

PRESIDENTIAL PRAYER 2000

{ Online Format: http://www.afa.net/alert/aa001201.shtml }

AFA has learned from our friends at www.CBN.org about a ministry called "Presidential Prayer 2000" that prepared a comprehensive prayer guide for the current election. As Christians, we can all pray in agreement for our heavenly Father's will to be done on earth in this election as God desires it is heaven. This prayer guide will help you to come before the Father in prayer with a clean heart and a right spirit, to pray through a list of the critical events unfolding now.

We also want to encourge you to visit www.afa.net regularly for AFA election analysis and perspective [ http://www.afa.net/#analysis ].

Here is a sampling of that analysis and perspective:

High Court Stands Poised to Make its Mark in History - Legal Perspective from Brian Fahling - http://www.afa.net/law/clp112800.shtml

What Lies Ahead for Al Gore - Satire by Tim Wildmon - http://www.afa.net/Culture/whatliesahead.shtml

The "Full and Accurate Count" Myth - Commentary by Paul Chaney - http://www.afa.net/myth.shtml

Clinton's Democratic Legacy - by Jeff Syrios, Attorney-at-Law - http://www.afa.net/Culture/js112100.shtml

FL Sec. of State Harris. Faith in Christ Giving Her a Calm Assurance - AgapePress - http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/11/afa/302000d.asp

**************************

*** Urgent Action Needed ***

PRESIDENTIAL PRAYER 2000

Honorary Co-Chairs: Mrs. Bill Bright & Dr. Paul Cedar

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..

Heavenly Father, we desire that your kingdom would come on earth regarding our year 2000 presidential election, as you desire it in heaven. Thank you, heavenly Father, that through the cross of Jesus Christ we can come before you with our prayers, that your Son Jesus taught us how to pray, and that your Holy Spirit is faithful to guide us in our prayers. To come before You with fervent prayers, from a clean heart, prayed most effectively in accordance with Your will, please give us Your grace to:

1. Praise and thank You for who You are!

2. Ask for Your covering and protection as we pray.

3. Ask the Holy Spirit to show us any unconfessed sin in our lives, especially regarding the election, including anger, apathy, insecurity, unforgiveness, etc. Ask for forgiveness for those things, as well as any sins within our country that You are putting on our hearts.

4. Invite the Holy Spirit to guide us to pray for the Father's will for the following:

**Healing for our nation and its citizens from the shock and stress of so many unexpected events in our current presidential election. **Healing for people in other countries who have been shaken by so much uncertainty in the U.S. election. **Healing over the divisions in our country now over this election. **The candidates for president and vice president and their families. **Advisors to the candidates. **Florida election, judicial, and legislative officials/staff/volunteers. **The actions and decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court regarding the election. **The legal cases in other courts regarding the election. **Protesters, especially that no violence would take place. **Selection and voting of the electors from each state. **The next president's administration team and transition process. **Media coverage of the events. **That through this process many would turn to You, and discover that You are good. **That many Christians would pray faithfully for these events, and fast and pray. **That Christians would take action as You lead, e.g., calling others to pray, fasting and praying, and/or calling their elected officials in a respectful manner to express their views to those who represent them. **For world events and crises, that none would lack sufficient prayer during this time.

5. Spend time now waiting on the Lord. He may bring comfort to your heart and/or call you to action.

6. Thank God for hearing your prayers and speaking to your heart.

Thank you, Father, that Your word tells us that Jesus will come again to rule and reign in righteousness, the undisputed leader of all. Thank you that You know the hearts and minds of mankind and can touch lives and events for good, especially as we will pray with a clean heart and right spirit in agreement with Your plans, that they might be on earth as You desire them in heaven.

ONE NATION, UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

--- To Subscribe send e-mail to: afalert-join at lyris.afo.net NOTE: No further information is required of you; simply send the email to the above address and you will automatically be subscribed. --- You are currently subscribed to afalert as: dhenwood at panix.com To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-afalert-35936C at lyris.afo.net