Drug War & Conservatives (Re: Charlatans Left & Right

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 1 13:43:13 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Nathan Newman wrote:
>
> >Carroll, seriously, what gives you the arrogance to claim so much more
> >virtue and progressive commitment than someone like Maxine Waters?

I have never made any claims for myself whatever. My post would still be accurate were I a total slob and jerk. My arrogance is the same arrogance of anyone who dares to vote in any election. How dare he/she pretend to judge his/her betters.

Please note that I am not arguing with you at all. I did all my arguing (with myself and others) on this issue several decades ago. I saw the truth of LBJ's statement that the way to understand U.S. policy abroad is to examine u.s. policy at home. I reversed it, and began to see how totally vicious the policy of u.s. rulers at home was.

I have no quarrel with you, nor you any with me -- any more than a Duke volleyball team is competing against the Green Bay Packers We are in different worlds. Nothing I can say should or could make any difference to you. Why don't you just delete my posts (using a filter) as I delete yours.

Carrol