U.S. Military Policy and Powell, was Re: The Color of Money

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 6 08:40:22 PST 2000

Michael Pollak wrote:

> As I understand it, Colin Powell's big contribution to military doctrine
> is the elevation of "force protection" and "exit strategy" -- I.e., don't
> do anything if someone might get hurt or things might get messy. He seems
> to have the risk-averse worldview of a desk general.

Powell is a war criminal -- he was a combat officer in Vietnam. He is "risk-averse" not as a desk general but merely as a reflection of U.S. policy since Vietnam to kill at a distance or urge on others to do the killing. He will be just as willing as any other policy maker to launch another war like the NATO aggression in Yugoslavia.

Carrol