Science

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 09:57:06 PST 2000

In message <p0433010bb6543f7441fe@[216.254.77.128]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
>Actually I thought the consensus among scientists on both AIDS and
>global warming was pretty strong. There aren't that many dissenters,
>are there?

The 'consensus' on anthropic global warming was achieved through political fiat, most of the scientists signing the Kyoto declaration, not being experts in climate.

Science is not decided by consensus. As Einstein said when a book was published 'Fifty Authors Refute Relativity', he said 'Why fifty, it ought to only take one?' -- James Heartfield