The Jim Crow Five and the Coming Political War

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 12:53:57 PST 2000

> I 'spect you're right. I was raging that it was time for the Democrats to
go
> to WAR, obstruct everything, agree to nothing, lie down on the tracks,
> filibuster, delay, fight. The folks in my office, good Dems all, laughed
at
> me. "The REpublicans have all the guns," one said sadly.

Not only that, but they are the "party of *ideas*" as the legend-in-his-own-mind senior statesman Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan once claimed :)

I suspect (hope) that's there is too much hyperventilating going on here. I think chances are excellent that Prez W will be the national equivalent of a subsitute teacher -- a figure of fun and ridicule who will have his hands full maintaining any semblance of order in the classroom. We could actually have sort of a yeasty, zesty, anarchic spirit throughout the Grand Old Republic these next four years.

Spero meliora,

Carl