Swan Song

Dennis Breslin dbreslin at ctol.net
Thu Dec 14 09:30:53 PST 2000

Max Sawicky wrote:

> I'd say the last thing Repugs have now is
> "ideological momentum." They diluted most of their
> principles to put Schrub in the center.

Perhaps...then again, can't we expect the next few years will be full of 'let the market rule' responses to social programs proposals or restrictions on trade, 'let the taxpayers prevail' responses to tax cut opponents or social security reform, 'let family values prevail' in response to parental notification on teen abortions, school vouchers, etc. Bush has home-turf advantage. Like I said, his friends on the right may well be the first to land a blow - like when he resists a proposal to put a Sourthern Baptist Deacon in every public school, but time will tell.

On a more serious note, if anything posted by me is bilge-sodden pigs bladder, then by all means assign DP authorship. But I'm not Dennis Perrin, don't play him on TV, and in fact, don't actually know him or whether he's real. I, on the other hand, often think me a fountain of wisdom, a sage in the brush, and only desire recognition for whatever is good. So credit should go to DB; reserve blame, scorn, disputes, dun notices, and so forth to DP.

Dennis Breslin