Hot to Trot

Sam Pawlett rsp at uniserve.com
Thu Dec 21 09:01:42 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Since Rudy is trying to take a pound of flesh from the teachers right
> now, I'd be very curious to hear from Leo just what they've done to
> build public support for their position.

Hmmm. Right now on the west coast of Canada there is a big recruitment drive for elem/high school teachers to work in New York City and Las Vegas, offering 40-60K per annum, signing bonus and time to study for a Masters degree. Is there really a teacher shortage in these districts or are state bureaucrats looking for scabs? What's going on? Leo?

Sam Pawlett