London tube closing

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 29 10:23:07 PST 2000

Not to my knowledge.

Underground drivers have been exceptionally militant in the early nineties taking on the then head of the Underground Dennis Tunnicliffe (?). As I remember their union was then so supine that the drivers had to meet in secret without the union's knowledge.

The big change to London's celebrations this year comes not courtesy of the underground unions but the precuationary principle at work in the British courts that has prevented Mayor Livingstone from holding a firework display.

In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0012290126330.16829-100000 at panix2.panix.com>, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> writes