IMF/WB overhaul; US tax breaks violate trade rules; post-N30 middle class anarchists

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 26 18:30:41 PST 2000

I may be a bit dense but I fail to see the point in destroying fifty used TV sets or destroying Microsoft products. This does nothing to destroy the system. People who can barely afford a used TV are not likely to be converted into anarchists by such acts. The Luddites made sense, but the people who destroy the TV's probably go back to their computers to announce their activity on the web. Would the destruction of microsoft products etc. involve destruction of their own computers and renunciation of web communication etc.? A sort of anarcho-asceticism?

Cheers, Ken Hanly