What *object* or *entity* does psychology study?

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Mon Jan 10 06:40:16 PST 2000

>What *object* or *entity* does psychology study?

For instance, contradictory statements such as those which both claim that psychoanalysis has a monadic, individuated, and self-possessed understanding of subjectivity and is therefore to be rejected on such grounds and -- simultaneously -- make monadic, individuated and self-possessed assertions such as "I have never been a right-winger in my life."

That, plus why this contradiction might be more enjoyable than its tension is unbearable.

Angela