U.S.: Un Paraiso de Locos

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Jan 31 13:51:33 PST 2000

HAven't the foggiest. Got a call from the second author for an interview.

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez wrote:

>I am speechless. I don't follow the Spanish financial press much,
>but from what
>I have seen is a mixture of buy-whatever-went-up-yesterday financial
advice,
>let's-do-whatever-the-yanks-are-doing economic opinion, and
>the-internet-is-the-future-man economic pseudo-predictions. How did you get
in
>there?

So what'd Max say? My Spanish is almost nonexistent. Doug

I said the U.S. economy is 'un paraiso de locos,' my proudest sound-bite. Sharing the joy of U.S. growth. Echoed the Henwood line on globalization. Took a pot-shot at the Bundesbank/ECB. Predicted a recession. The usual.

mbs