Free Advt.

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Jul 12 15:50:31 PDT 2000

I misspoke. The show is on at 8 pm, on Fox Cable News. ("The O'Reilley Factor"). I taped it at 6.

I did get the plug in. I figure you owe me about $50,000.

The moderator is one of the most ignorant interviewers I've ever dealt with. He didn't understand the difference between an average and a marginal tax rate. Unbelievable.

max

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood [mailto:dhenwood at panix.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 4:23 PM To: sawicky at epinet.org Subject: Re: Free Advt.

Max Sawicky wrote:

>If you can give me the factoid about record-low
>share of wealth by the bottom xx, I'll plug LBO
>on Fox News today at 6 pm. Won't that be historic.

Bottom 90% of pop has 24% of nonresidential wealth; 31% including principal residence. Both are lowest on record (i.e., since the Fed's first Survey of Consumer Finances in 1963). That's less than top 1%. Share of bottom 90% fell below top 1% for first time in 1995, and has stayed there. Source is unpublished paper by Arthur Kennickell of the Fed.

>Maybe I can work in Monthly Review too.

Now that'd be historic.

>I need it by 5 pm. I'm going on a show with some
>right-wing goofball named O'Reilley.

Good luck. If I were near a TV, I'd watch.

Doug