pres polls

nathan.newman at yale.edu nathan.newman at yale.edu
Wed Jul 19 19:20:42 PDT 2000

---------Included Message----------
> Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:21:59 -0700
> From: "Michael Perelman" <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu>
>
> Actually, I was thinking of grad student union organizers when I
posted my
> note.

Them too. A lot of Nader support there I am sure. One of my favorite lines way back when I was in the Berkeley grad union were comments by the grad union leadership that "only intellectuals are interested in union democracy." And they refused to join the Central Labor Council since they sort of looked down on other unionists - a big problem when they wanted solidarity support.

And they no doubt will make fun of the other union leaders for endorsing Gore over Nader.

-- Nathan Newman