"One Market Under God, and Heaven Help Us All"

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Thu Jul 27 00:32:16 PDT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

In 1970, 28.2% of 18-24 year
> olds from the bottom income quartile were in college, vs. 73.5% of
> those from the top; in 1997, the numbers were 33.6% and 82.7%.

I'd be interested to see what the figures are for the UK.

Peter P.S. Don't you want to move to South Africa? Getting figures on things here is just too damn tough! -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844