bubble

Fri Mar 10 08:51:04 PST 2000

>>> "Peter K." <peterk at enteract.com> 03/09/00 11:48PM >>>
Enrique:

If anyone cares to look it up, there's a lengthy front page New York Times story back on January 7th titled "Accounting Firm Is Said to Violate Rules Routinely" by Floyd Norris.

CB: I saw this article. It is just another confirmation that capitalism is capital crime, theft. The current boom is, of course, the grandest larceny ever seen. I don't have the skill or time to prove it. But it would seem that left economists and business observers should be exposing and keeping track systematically of all these facts and data, empirical evidence that there is a giant conscious "conspiracy" ( sorry) dimension to capitalism, even as it functions as a system ( not conspiracy) at the same time.

-clip-

At the S.E.C.'s request, the Public Oversight Board, an agency created by Congress to keep watch on auditors, will review the other major accounting firms to see if they have also violated the rules -- the review is a direct result of the PricewaterhouseCooper's report. "This is a very serious problem," said Charles A. Bowsher, the chairman of the board and a former comptroller general of the United States. "I think everybody in the profession will be surprised by the magnitude of this problem."