Rebuttal to Nathan

Fri Mar 17 08:49:25 PST 2000

>Nathan,
>
>The main point is not whether or not NATO officially estimated 100,000 dead
>Albanians or not. The point is NATO, or at least the US which was running
>the show, encouraged wild speculation on the POSSIBLE crimes of Milo. I
>remember reading articles about all the missing Albanian men, and the
>unmistakeable implication was that something horrible was happening to them
>(hauled off to concentration camps, executed, etc.).

I thought that the massacre at Srebnitsa had rather more to do with wild speculaton on the possible crimes of Milosevic.

If you don't want people to wildly speculate on the crimes you are currently committing, don't shoot people by the thousands in places where others can later discover the evidence...

Brad DeLong