Rebuttal to Nathan

Brett Knowlton brettk at unica-usa.com
Fri Mar 17 10:41:21 PST 2000

Brad,

>I thought that the massacre at Srebnitsa had rather more to do with
>wild speculaton on the possible crimes of Milosevic.
>
>If you don't want people to wildly speculate on the crimes you are
>currently committing, don't shoot people by the thousands in places
>where others can later discover the evidence...

I'm not going to argue that Milosevic is a good guy. But that's not the point, as you should well know.

The point is how the western press covered the Kosovo situation. Coverage was highly biased and ideological in a manner designed to sway public opinion in favor of the NATO campaign against Serbia. Media coverage was designed to restrict debate and prevent consideration of options other than bombing.

Just becuase Milosevic is responsible for horrific crimes, that doesn't mean the press is relieved of its responsibility of responsible journalism.

Brett