Henwood & Employment #s.

michael at ecst.csuchico.edu michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri May 19 09:42:43 PDT 2000

I meant that SUVs are produced in the US. Where, say a Ford Taurus, is built in Mexico. Toyota doesn't market a SUV, does it?

Doug Henwood wrote:

Michael Perelman wrote:

>Is that because of SUV's and pickup trucks replacing cars?

I don't know if that's the way I'd put it exactly, but people are

buying lots of motor vehicles. SUVs have replaced cars, which

probably means no more workers, but much bigger profits for the auto

companies.

Doug -- Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu