Henwood & Employment #s.

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Fri May 19 10:22:59 PDT 2000

"Toyota doesn't market a SUV, does it?"

I know our market is minute, but Toyota has ruled a very competitive market in Australasia ever since people suddenly felt the need to look like they might have the sort of dick that requires acreage rather than urinals.

The 'Landcruiser', it's called. A huge 7-seat, 5-litre, high clearance tank of a thing. I hate the whole idea of SUVs - and if I lived to be 100, I'd never be able to buy one.

But a mate (one who did Law at uni, natch) let me drive one once.

And I gotta say - Jeep Cherokee and Ford Explorer are to Toyota Landcruiser as Brittny Spears is to Aretha Franklin.

Yours thoroughly seduced, Rob.