Rogue States

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon May 29 11:51:18 PDT 2000

In regard to the North Korea palaver, there is what I think is an important article in the Post today that ventilates elite criticism of the 'rogue state' concept, which concept is used to rationalize the funding of anti-missile defense systems.

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14527-2000May26.html

An unrelated piece that similarly assaults elite wisdom is a column by the Prince of Darkness, Robert Novak, that discusses the neglect of Seymour Hersh's book on a U.S. military massacre during the Gulf War (the "Highway of Death" episode, when a retreating Iraqi column was annihiliated), one in which Clinton drug general McCaffrey and Colin Powell are implicated. Novak, for those who don't know, has always had a heterodox, anti-zionist position on Middle East issues.

A friend of mine with friends in military told me a while back of discontent in the ranks with being ordered to attack Iraqi soldiers who were basically running away.

mbs