my last word on guns in Amerika

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 1 07:05:01 PST 2000

At 10:54 PM 10/31/00 +0000, jordan wrote:
>> Airports do not come even close.
>
>What about the TWA terminal at JFK?

I'm far more impresseed by the elevated rail they are adding. I wish they connected it to Laguardia, Penn station, downtown Mahattan, Newark (as Heathrow or Schiphol did), but I guess the car mafia will not let them.

Airport architecture is hideously ugly an unimaginative - basically a maze of tunnels covered by a cheaply made outer shell - one needs to be a mole to appreciate that. Sharp contrast with the gothic splendor of RR stations - magnificent from inside and outside just as gothic cathedrals are.

wojtek