Why I Decided Not To Vote For Nader In A 'Safe' State, And How LBO-Talk Helped

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Fri Nov 3 13:38:12 PST 2000

Chuck0>> I got more news for you, Leo. The resurgent right is dying. A Bush victory is not going to revive them. They can't overcome the forces of liberalization in American society. The right wind bugaboo is dead. Just go do your research and you'll find out for yourself.

*******

This brings up a real interesting long term issue; age. Does anybody know the median age of all the non-voters over the last 7 elections? Has the age spread spread "wider". Did the twenty something's who didn't vote for Ford still not vote today? The right was always old geezers from what I could see, reaching out to a larger share of a shrinking pie of suckers. If present non-voting growth trends continue, how long will it be before, say, only 15-20% of the US electorate votes. An anti-statist left would have much greater maneuvering room if this were to occur over the next 30 years. Of course, rethinking institutions would also have to occur lest the tyranny of structurelessness bites us all in the arse.....

Ian