Summary of Nader analysis

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Sun Nov 12 14:55:35 PST 2000

>>However, the idea that Bush will be constrained by gridlock is
not the original Nader/Green party proposition, that there is no significant difference between Bush and Gore.

Well, the position [and I'm not saying I agree with it by any means] is that whatever the differences between them, they are insignificant compared to their similarities in terms of being two corporations who exist only by virtue of the generosity of other corporations. 3 billion $$ got spent by the capitalist class and it's factions; quite a bit of risk hedging don't 'ya think, if not a downright containment policy to prevent substantive policy divergences that might affect the interests of the top 5% of wealth holders.

Tweedledum & Tweedledumber was sound bite rhetoric. Nothing more. Something the Republicrats would like to mantain a duopoly on as well. In fact the whole damn thing has been nothing but a duopoly acting histrionically to put up barriers to entry, the same way they always do. The claims that things would get worse are/were totally expectable.

Ian