LBO-Talk = the W.W.F.? (was Re: Spreading rumors)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 1 12:48:06 PDT 2000

Carl Remick wrote:

>Highly paid? Yes. Creative? No. I've said it before and I'll say it
>again: A vast amount of corporate PR doesn't seem especially
>clever. I always think, for example, of the Harry-and-Louise
>campaign that helped wreck Clinton's national healthcare proposal as
>being not much more sophisticated than "four legs good, two legs
>bad."

A commercial that ran mainly - perhaps only - in the New York and DC media markets to convince opinion leaders that the (gullible, stupid) masses were being saturated with this crap. Worked, apparently, though it makes the opinion leaders seem at least as gullible and stupid as they think the masses are.

Doug