Slobbo, Rwanda and the Surreal

Mon Oct 9 10:03:05 PDT 2000

>>> LeoCasey at aol.com 10/09/00 07:50AM >>>

You say:

".... Here we are, in an incredibly over-determined and complex political situation, with a bevy of distinguishable interests and constantly shifting political alliances and falling outs, and it all can be analyzed through simple arithmetic calculations. An invariable rule, always oppose those who the US may support, is simply applied, even when it is applied to an area of the world without any recognizable geo-political (ie, military or economic) strategic significance for the US, such as Rwanda."

And then you say elsewhere you said:

(Remind anyone of that great moment in internationalism communism: Nazi Germany is the enemy; whoops, Hitler and Stalin signed a pact, giving the Soviet Union the Baltic states and eastern Poland, so those war mongerers who want to fight Nazi Germany are the enemy; uh, sorry, the Nazis just invaded the Soviet Union, so we are back to fighting the Nazi enemy again. Too bad that all along, every step of the way, the Nazis were the enemy.)

CB: You seem to be saying Rwanda and Yugoslavia today are complex , but SU/Germany pre-WWII was simple .