[Fwd: (en) Appeal for 8 Hungarian anarchist prisoners in Prague]

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Mon Oct 9 14:46:25 PDT 2000

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: (en) Appeal for 8 Hungarian anarchist prisoners in Prague Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 05:22:29 -0400 From: Workers Solidarity Movement <wsm at newmail.net> Reply-To: a-infos-d at lists.tao.ca To: a-infos-en at tao.ca

A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C E

http://www.ainfos.ca/

Based on information received Saturday 7 Oct --- 8 anarchist comrades from Hungary were arrested after the S26 demonstrations in Prague. All these comrades are accused of the crime called 'an attack against a public official' (in this case policemen) and all are still in custody. Their names are: Laszlo Baki Gabor Baki Tomas Ivady Istvan Laszlo Bagi Arne Michael Holz Agnes Sara Staller Aniko Kocsis Anita Nemethne Rafli

Some of them are the anarchist-communists who took part in an informal discussion between Platformist organisations including the Irish (Workers Solidarity Movement), the French (Alternative Libertaire) and the Czech (Organisation of Revolutionary Anarchists - Solidarity) on 25. September in Prague. According to unofficial information which we have police have no evidence against them (especially against our seven comrades among them). All have an lawyer ex offo appointed by the state, but because these kind of lawyers are usually not too concerned, we have found a new lawyer for them. He will take this case and his work will cost less than is normal, however we still will need money for the defence costs.

Pleases send donations to The account of ORA-Solidarity at: IPB Blansko, Rozmitalova 6, 67801 Blansko INBACZPP164035592/5100

[Note from WSM: The average wage in the Czech republic is less then 400 dollars a month so even a seemingly small donation from groups or individuals in western countries might be equivalent to a day or even a weeks wages]

A demonstration in support of the Hungarian comrades has already taken place in front of the Czech embassy in France, but here is urgent need for more international pressure to demand they are released and that all charges against them are dropped.

We would urge you to 1. Send a letter/email/fax to the addresses below 2. Organise a picket of your local Czech embassy

Contacts to authorities follow:

Office of President Vaclav Havel: 4202 24310855 phone 4202 24373196 fax e-mail: president at hrad.cz

Ministry of the Interior: 4202 61421115 4202/6143 3552-3 (fax) e-mail: stiznosti at mvcr.cz

Police e-mail: oks at mvcr.cz

Ministry of Justice mail: Vysehradska 16, 128 10 Praha 2 4202 21997111 phone 4202 24919927

Hungarian embassy in Prague: mail: 225 37 Praha 6, Badeniho 1, P.O. Box 37 4202 3332 4454 phone 4202 3332 2104 fax e-mail: huembprg at vol.cz

David Lorenc ORA-Solidarity, Prague Andrew Flood Workers Solidarity Movement, Ireland

Here you can find two photos of one of Hungarian comrades who is arrested by the secret policemen.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20000926/wl/ czech_world_economy_pro_dgv.html http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20000926/wl/ czech_world_economy_pro_ewg.html

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

>From Irelands's Workers Solidarity Movement
http://more.at/anarchism

Read the International Anarchist Platform and subscribe to the AP list http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/platform.html

********

****** The A-Infos News Service ******

News about and of interest to anarchists

******

COMMANDS: lists at tao.ca

REPLIES: a-infos-d at lists.tao.ca

HELP: a-infos-org at lists.tao.ca

WWW: http://www.ainfos.ca/

INFO: http://www.ainfos.ca/org

-To receive a-infos in one language only mail lists at tao.ca the message:

unsubscribe a-infos

subscribe a-infos-X

where X = en, ca, de, fr, etc. (i.e. the language code)