Obviously (what's the Left problem with GM food?)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:12:22 PDT 2000

>i'm trying to understand why the Left is so against GM food.

As I've said here in the past, the reason I oppose GM food is the risk it presents in terms of adverse heritable traits escaping into the wild and creating ecological threats similar to those caused by non-native invasive species. I do not think that risk can be adequately managed so long as GM-food research is conducted under the auspices of profit-seeking organizations.