santorum on gunz

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 27 14:27:56 PDT 2000

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> BTW. Who said "Santorum - is that Latin for 'asshole'?"

http://www.progressive.org/dimmarch.htm

MARCH 1998

Dim and Dimmer

BY KEN SILVERSTEIN

Given the generally weak intellect our nation's lawmakers display, compiling a list of the ten dumbest members of Congress would appear to be a relatively easy assignment. Indeed, when I called Hill staffers to seek nominations, they repeatedly asked: "Why stop at ten?" ...

No. 1

SENATOR RICK SANTORUM

Republican, Pennsylvania

The boy blunder of American politics and a one-time lobbyist for the World Wrestling Federation, thirty-nine-year-old Santorum repeatedly humiliates himself in public. "Santorum?" Senator Bob Kerrey once commented. "Is that Latin for asshole?" ...

Ken Silverstein is co-editor of CounterPunch and author of "Washington on $10 Million a Day: How Lobbyists Plunder the Nation," to be published this month by Common Courage Press.

Copyright (C) 1998 by The Progressive, Madison, WI.