W's speech

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:35:58 PDT 2000

>><< Yes, but how do you explain Clinton, who's nothing if not articulate?
>>
>> Doug >>
>>
>>Depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
>
>That's because he's one of your people, Justin - a lawyer. But when
>he's speaking as a politician, he has no rival. As James Farmelant
>said, Reagan was great with a script - but Clinton doesn't need a
>script. I have to say, as repellent as he is in so many ways, I'm
>going to miss the guy.
>
>Doug

Ah yes, Glib Willy. I'll miss him like foot fungus. Here's another good line from the Richard Goldstein Village Voice article I just excerpted here:

"The big blow job notwithstanding, Clinton's real shame is replacing the Great Society with a culture many leftists refer to as 'imiseration and incarceration.'"

Carl