Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Mon Apr 16 16:01:31 PDT 2001

Rakesh:
>It is horrifically ironic that after this active disregard for
>African life, so far removed from any area of strategic interest,
>Clinton wanted to be remembered as the president who healed race
>relations. It does not follow however that one should have supported
>Nader since his constant carping against international institutions
>and world bodies hardly gives confidence that he (or his Secty of
>State Mike Dolan or UN representative Lori Wallach) would have not
>also obstructed any UN action.

Maybe you're right, but with the Democratic Party we have a track record. If Nader had been allowed into the Presidential debates, pehaps he could have answered the question that was put to candidate Bush on the subject so we wouldn't have to guess. Somehow I doubt that a President Nader would veto UN actions intended to prevent another Rwandan-type genocide.

Peter