EU

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Aug 15 23:16:20 PDT 2001

Just thought I'd add another second. However, the guy who would defend the right of fascists to speak might be rational if you believe that unfettered f-o-s is, on balance, better for the left than the (usually dismal) alternatives.

-- Luke

he said somewhere in the conversation "i'd die for anybody's f-o-s even if that person is a fascist". and i thought for myself "i would not". everywhere in the world, especially where they are free, fascists have it _soooo_ easy that i really don't see what i would waste a second of my time fighting for their right while i could fight for the rights of the people they oppress.

> jc helary
>
> ((((((((
>
> CB: Right on , J.C. I'm with you on that. The person dying for fascists'
free of speech, would be dying do that fascists could speak for destroying freedom of speech.