lbo-talk-digest-after-swallowing

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 23:58:43 PST 2001

>From: "Seth Ackerman" <sia at nyc.rr.com>
>To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>
>Subject: Re: lbo-talk-digest-after-swallowing
>Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:51:59 -0500
>
>I was arguing with Brad over the likely real-world consequences of U.S.
>actions in Afghanistan. <snip>
>How exactly can one discuss the politics of a war-torn third-world nation
>without delving into the barbarism of the country's various armed factions?

I would have been truly touched if you'd have taken out "third-world". I am sure you would agree that discussing the barbarism of a country's various armed factions is equally fundamental to discussing the politics of war torn first-world nations or second-world nations.

I actually thought your original post was a fine example of how to discuss atrocities without sensationalizing them or using them as an excuse to further other unrelated agendas. The stuff I snipped was rather less impressive.