Solar Power(Re: Expensive,etc...)

matt hogan matt.hogan at lycos.com
Tue Feb 13 13:32:32 PST 2001

--

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:45:35

Kelley wrote:
>At 01:20 PM 2/12/01 -0800, matt hogan wrote:
>>Someone on this forum mentioned that solar is expensive. Well, so was the
>>vcr,the computer, the very first televisions, and so forth. The point is
>>that many things are expensive at first. That solar power is expensive is
>>such a ridiculous excuse.
>

>ridiculous like the Taos Hum? Like posting an irrelevant rant about Seti at home?
>
>anyway, what's the difference between electricity and
>VCR's/computers/televisions? if you think about it, then you'll see why
>the equivalence you've made here just doesn't quite fly.
>
>it's not that i think solar power foolish, it's just that i think the
>analogy you've made isn't particularly convincing.
>

>kelley
>Actually, kelley, the Taos Hum is not ridiculous. You need to do research on the Taos Hum before you make snide comments. The Navy plants transmitters in the ground. This is how they communicate with submarines out at sea. They call it Project ELF(Extremely Low Frequency). This may be the source of the "Taos Hum".

What are you refering to regarding "seti at home"? I do recall stating that the reason why we haven't found E.T.'s is because they don't want to be found. The key to survival for an advanced E.T. society that has weapons of mass destruction is to remain out of sight. An extraterrestrial society would most certainly want to avoid other civilizations that have nukes. No one offered any refutation of this--except ad hominem comments.

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html