spineless pinko's update

Joanna Sheldon cjs10 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 14 23:37:40 PST 2001

At 10:45 15-02-01, you wrote:

>But the education committee balked at the requirement that students who don't
>cooperate be suspended. The House panel agreed to strike that language
>from the
>bill, leaving it up to local school districts to decide what would
>constitute an
>appropriate penalty.

Not sure I like this, either. That a penalty is to be meted out seems to be what's been agreed, here. "Appropropriate" infuckingdeed! In the two years I wasted in American high school ('69 and '70), as a lone dissenter among pledgers of allegiance I expected no reprisals, nor were there any.

btw, when was "under God" dropped?

Joanna

www.overlookhouse.com