Catherine, can't you read? was Re: No Sex Please - We're Post-Human!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 17 23:34:16 PST 2001

Catherine says:

>Dependence presumes a hierarchy.... What about attachment?

It appears that your reasoning is circular -- as in "dependence is hierarchical because it presumes a hierarchy."

Human beings as created through the process of socialization of labor depend upon the existence of other human beings whom we do not even know personally, much less to whom we feel "attached." Your life depends upon workers you have & will never meet. Your life also depends upon the biological & historical evolution of human beings -- the work of human beings in the past whose legacy -- good, bad, & ugly -- you have inherited.

Yoshie