marxism on wgn-fm

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Mon Feb 19 07:13:35 PST 2001

Sergio wrote:

I agree, I believe the speaker was the author of "The Black Book of

Communism" As I told Michael when he identified the author for me, how come

nobody has written "The Black Book of Capitalism"?

A fine idea for Verso, and a book to be condemned from the Times on down. Indeed, I'm part of the discussion boards at the Times, which is dominated by extreme rightwingers, and the Black Book is brought up all the time. Apart from the fact that the 100 million figure is laced with inaccuracies (2 million in Cambodia, which even the CIA doesn't buy; and 1 million in Latin America by "communists" -- which ones? I always ask, citing Cuban numbers which are miniscule compared to US client states, and I never get an answer), I always counter with my black pamphlet of capitalism. This either sends them into frothy denials and nasty counterattacks, or subdued acceptance and statements like "Humans do horrible things." In any event, OUR Black Book would not be ignored. But who best to write it?

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010219/36f782b1/attachment.htm>