Bash NYC, not the South ;-)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 14:34:48 PST 2001

Lee screwed up on the 3d day of Gettysburg, but he was a great general. The greatness of Grant, whose reputation I did not tarnish, is that he beat Lee. Grant had his screwups too: remember Cold Harbor. Incidentally, the strategy Lee used at G on day 3 worked for the Union at Chattanooga, I think. Somewhere in Tenn, anyway. Carrol is right that Grant is a great writer--who woulda thunk? Sherman is not half bad either. --jks