back up horror stories

Joanna Sheldon cjs10 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 18 13:09:24 PST 2001

Well, I know a woman who left the only copy of her just-completed PhD thesis on her computer in the house she was living in and one night the house burned down. (She stood in the street in her nightie yelling about the last seven years while the place went up in flames.) So she asked Cornell if they'd let her get her degree anyway based on the work she'd done (her committee had seen it). They refused, but gave her a short extension. Not very funny.

Joanna

www.overlookhouse.com