[male] homoerotics

Alec Ramsdell aramsdell at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 18:25:35 PDT 2001

I've been considering a question that's relevant here.

I became fairly well acquainted with a guy who kept up correspondence with a lover he met in prison, who was still incarcerated. This was not a master/punk relation, and considering my acquaintance and what he told me about his life and such, the photos and letters he showed me, I wonder about the possible existence of queer culture in penal institutions. It's hard for me to get my mind around, given the sexual brutality associated particularly with prison. Has anything been written about this?

Alec