carrol on distorted communicative action (was Re: Ethical foundations of the left)

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Jul 29 12:58:14 PDT 2001

At 12:07 PM 7/29/01 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>One widespread characteristic of 20th-century thought, it seems to me,
>is inventing non-problems over which to agonize. Let me suggest that the
>totality of 20th-century concerns with "meaning," "communication," etc.
>have been pointless.
>
>Carrol

20 lashes with a wet noodle carrol! :) you should stop worrying so much about non-problems and tell yosh too!

carrol once wrote: Please read the entire subject line. It tells a tale. We (marxism, lbo, pen-l, and L-I) simply cannot keep a thread on women going. Humanitarian Imperialism is a vital subject, and I've had much to say about it in the past and will in the future. But I think the quick mutarion into something else of threads on women is a pretty good synecdoche for the status on the left (in practice and theory) of the "woman question." <<<<<<<

http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0003/1335.html