Here Come The Sirens And The Flashing Red LIghts Of The Sex Police

kelley kelley at interpactinc.com
Fri Jun 1 13:36:43 PDT 2001

leo, you have a reading comprehension problem. i would suggest that it is your own uptight repressed feelings about gay sexuality that you are projecting onto me dude.

chill out and read my posts. then provide me with evidence for wanting to police behavior. judge behavior, yes. i judge people who have unprotected casual sex --man, woman, bi, het, whatever. am i condemning sullivan for having casual unprotected sex? in fact, no. i'm condemning him for not recognizing that barebacking has been glorified and that it is a masculinist glorification that assumes that there is such a thing as "natural" sex and that a condom sullies it. he can enjoy unprotected sex all he wants. i sure do! but don't tell me that it is somehow more "real" than condom sex. that kind of attitude is not the same as the one het buoys have. it is, however, related because socialization into sexuality is _organized_ because it is part of a system of sexist oppression. as such, it is open to criticism. gay men do not escape the system of heterosexist socialization. nor do lesbians. no one does. their sexual practices are not immune from critique or from being shaped by heterosexism because they are the sexual practices of glbt's.

furthermore, nothing in what i said would suggest that i think there is something wrong with enjoyment of something because it is transgressive. duh! in fact, i was pointing out that it is enjoyable precisely because it is transgressive. a lot of our sexual practices ARE enjoyable because they ARE transgressive. duh!

i was simply pointing out to nathan he is ignoring the fact that it is _only_ and issue--and the focus of a fetish because it _can_ be--HIV and safer sex campaigns. it is not wrong b/c it's transgressive.