Still MORE leftist attacks on free speech?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Fri Mar 9 08:51:39 PST 2001

``...Before I uttered my first word at Berkeley, students began an orchestrated campaign of shouting. "White-motherf---er!" "Racist!" and "Nazi!" were among the shouts hurled my way....'' Dan Flynn

``I still don't understand why Left students continue to shoot themselves in the foot with these practices. It's always used against them in this viscious way. It also doesn't make sense tactically since the conservative movement is out of gas and burning fumes.'' Chuck0

------------

Flynn's article was probably a lie. I don't know, since I wasn't there. On the other hand, it certainly sounds like a Berkeley-Oakland crowd to me. I mean that's how the local school board and city council meetings go when they get out of line with the public. But even if it was a lie, it makes me proud of this beat-down old place.

Flynn, Horowitz, Netanyahu, Albright, fuck'm. Stay out of Berkeley and Oakland. Don't come here. Don't open your racist mouths unless you want your fascist, murderous, bloody asses kicked.

The conservative movement isn't out of gas Chuck0. Hell they just took over the government in a coup---in case everybody forgot. So instead of worrying about their rights to free speech, let's not forget the thousands of black votes in Florida, and the several million other votes across the country that were ignored by the Supreme Court so justice could install a complete idiot as our dear leader---all under the name of the democratic constitutional process.

It is good that there is absolutely no one in the Bush administration who would dare come here and speak in public. They are not even particularly safe flying into SFO and taking a well armed limo to the Bohemian Club. And that is all to the good.

Stay out. Know that you are not welcome. Know that you are in personal danger here. Know that no one would stop a crowd from ripping you apart, maybe not even the cops. Know that you are the object of intense, bitter, and irredeemable hatreds.

The Right can go practice their free speech behind bullet proof glass in mass media bunkers anywhere they can buy time---or at Bob Jones U, or bum-fuck Egypt for all I care.

My all time best memory of free speech in Berkeley is of governor Ronald Reagan's limo screeching out of the back of University Hall on Allston Way in a hale storm of rocks and garbage and clouds of tear gas, the very last time his jerk-butt ever came to town. The best news was he never came back.

So, if you're on the Right, just don't step up to a public podium in broad daylight around here. And if you do, know that you will have to answer to an noisy, unruly, nasty, mob---exactly as it should be. And if you try to get away through the basement parking lot exit on a side street, know there will be a large crowd of rock throwing fanatics like me waiting for your fucking limbo.

I just wish the State Department advisory on Berkeley-Oakland was true. God how I wish. What an honor it would be. How many other communities in the US could claim to be on the State Department's enemies of freedom list?

Chuck Grimes