Reparations -- Yes? (was Re: Joy In Horowitzville)

Thu Mar 22 13:45:41 PST 2001

-- Nathan Newman comments:

I'm not sure if the issue is horror- except at the fact that Horowitz has gained publicity for himself. Horowitz planned a strategy to self-aggrandize himself, counting on campus censorship to actually help him promote his views more widely.

Whatever I might feel about censorship in general, I think censorship that backfires and gives much wider play to abhorrent views is nothing to be praised.

Maybe you can point to something that was accomplished by getting Horowtiz such publicity. I generally don't see it.

((((((((

CB; Why Brandeis's theory on noxious doctrine is that the best thing to do is release into the light of day for rational scrutiny ,no ? So, Horowitz's noxious views getting publicity is just what Brandeis thought best.