racist opinion a crime ?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 30 08:29:11 PST 2001

Justin says:

>I was of course making a legal point about the law in the US. But
>this is a law I support. So yes, contrary to Charles, but with, I
>think, Marx, I think that in this respect France is less free than
>the U.S.

France is less free in this respect than the USA (in France you don't have the freedom of expression if you want to express a fascist opinion, etc.), but the former is freer in many other important respects than the latter. So, on the whole, the French Left is in better shape than the American Left, the French masses are better off than the American masses, etc. Not a bad trade-off.

Yoshie