Detroit most segregated city in US

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu May 10 10:39:00 PDT 2001

At 12:40 PM 5/10/01 -0400, Charles wrote:
>Detroit is not a segragated city inside Detroit. The minority of whites
who live in Detroit are not residentially segregated from the Black majority. However, Detroit has an large majority Black population (80%) , and Detroit's majority white suburbs are racially segregated from Detroit.

>Thread title would be more accurately most racially segregated
metropolitan area.

I agree. However, my missive asked a different question - why there is voluntary racial seggregation in otherwise integrated and progressive schools?

wojtek