judicial tyranny

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 21:54:28 PDT 2001

Pardon me for being a bore, but marijuana _is_ a controlled substance under 21 USC 812, Schedule I(b)(10) ("marihuana"), and the SCt has jurisdiction to interpret Congress' legislation (however dumb) about such substances. Moreover, it's clear that state law regulating mj is not preempted, so this is not a federalism issue. For what it is worth, I think the SCt's opinion is probably right in tracking Congress' intentions, although the 9C opinion that was overturned was a tolerable reading of the text. --jks