Unjust, Unlawful, & Unproductive Re: Arguments for ground war

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Nov 2 00:58:49 PST 2001

Hakki, you probably do not want to hear from me again, but the point does not go away.

The roads will be closed soon as you said below, the food aid will probably become available, but only a blind optimist could believe that much of it can be dispersed in time.

Two alternatives, number one - the best - the UN or someone comes to a rapid agreement with the Taliban and the US to open up airfields for mass humanitarian relief.

Number two, the US establishes such places, by getting on the ground.

The third is what will probably happen, unless of course something comes from an unknown quarter, lots of aid that arrives too late.

Greg Schofield Perth Australia

--- Message Received --- From: "Hakki Alacakaptan" <nucleus at superonline.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:40:33 +0200 Subject: RE: Unjust, Unlawful, & Unproductive Re: Arguments for ground war

Amen to that.

Saving the Afghans from starvation is going to be the big issue in a few weeks when emaciated babies show up on Al Jazeera. The Paki border isn't really closed, arms & goods go in at night, but food aid is another matter. The rains have started and next month at the latest there won't be any roads left for aid trucks.

Hakki Alacakaptan