Civil Rights & Liberties or "White Privileges"? Re: Green Party official busted at gunpoint

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Nov 5 06:20:44 PST 2001

At 05:31 AM 11/5/01 -0800, Art McGee wrote:

>On the DOWN-LOW, although most BLACK people haven't said so
>PUBLICLY, in private conversations few of them outside of
>the immediate New York area were in any way surprised by
>what happened on September 11th. Most of what you hear is
>the familiar "chickens coming home to roost" refrain, and
>that they wish Black people had had the temerity to strike
>back in a similar manner a long-time ago. The only
>difference is we would have hit someplace that would have
>been sure to toast a lot more of you cracker bastards,
>instead of working-class people of color.

this is called muppetry, for yoshie, who treats "nameless characters in anecdotes exchanged on e-lists as "muppets." http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0103/0394.html

personally, i disagree, but there ya have it, archived and all.

speaking of, check out this bit of supremicist thinking on "Getting Our Side Explained". What television show is this guy talking about? anyone know?

Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:58:53 -0500 From: Brent Hunsaker <brent.hunsaker at alcatel.com> To: Dave Farber <farber at cis.upenn.edu> Subject: Getting our side explained

David,

Over the weekend I watched a few programs which focused on the Afghans and the Muslim world and their concern about what the USA is doing. Many do not understand why we are doing this or if they do they want to see some proof regarding Ben Laden's guilt. In many interviews they would give the USA its due regarding Sept. 11th, but they want to understand. Lets take the opportunity to teach them about us.

How hard would it be for the USA to produce a series of programs that would explain in historical terms why the US has a separation of church and state? That due to the nature of man that if we allow the church to lead the state we would return to oppressive religious conditions where that one religion would repress the practice of other religions. Since many of us accept this without any discussion it might also help to build a strong understanding of it here as well.

Many of our founding fathers were Master Masons as well, inserting the teachings of Masonry into the fabric of our government. The philosophical and historical background in Masonry would add to the understanding of why we are this way. Ideas of being able to freely travel and the right to practice one's religion freely, without molestation being just a couple.

This idea of John Locke that sovereignty flows from the people to their government not from God to the royal houses and then to the government (the trickle up effect vs the trickle down effect of power). Show that the US is not looking for a Utopian world but just one that will function with our freedoms intact. A place where if those freedoms are attacked there is in place a system that will punish those that would take those freedoms away.

Since trials are public here show some of the trials of those who harmed the Muslim people here. Explaining the process of trial advocacy for those that are on trial. How the rights of all involved are maintained as best a possible. Show that there is no favoritism for one religion over the other. That we fill that this freedom can only be maintained under a separation of church and state.

I see such an opportunity here. Lets take it and see if it helps.

Brent Hunsaker

kelley