Comrades? Re: "Hit List" Hits IAC/WWP

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Tue Nov 13 05:17:19 PST 2001

> The recent LBO-talk
> exchange between Chuck0 and Dennis P. is a good example. Evidently,
> the two don't want to work together as comrades, despite both being
> in favor of the anarchist tradition & having other common grounds.

> Yoshie

>I don't think I ever said that I didn't want to work with Dennis P. My
>disagreement with him stems from my knee-jerk reaction to his comments
>after I rejoined this list. I had no idea who Dennis was, nor what his
>political orientation was.

>Chuck0

Chuck and I have had our little spats, but nothing serious (at least on my end). I respect his activism and think that he's pretty much on the right track (most of the time). My active days are more or less behind me, given that I have two kids, a mortgage, a night job, etc., but I do help activists on the propaganda front, since that's been my main strength (i.e. providing sources and texts, helping to frame debate, especially as regards the media, and so on). Lately I've been talking with everyday folk, not activists, about the war and its backdrop, and find that many are open to the things we discuss here. I don't think many of these people will organize groups, however, but their minds are open to alternative takes, and that is a good start -- at least better than no start at all.

As for working with others, I don't think that Yoshie's Leninism or Paulsen's nutty sectarianism offer much to the average person, and I think when faced with either stance, most will reject it. But Yoshie and Paulsen are free to try to convince the average person that their versions of A Better Tomorrow are the correct ones, and it's amusing and entertaining to see them in action.

DP